It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

If I can stay I Promise I'll be an ANGEL!!


well thank God for the first episode and the sweet home owners that were on it! This is Emily and Pete. We re-did their home and somehow I managed to have them offer me the guest room while I look for a place to live. I am thinking of making it part of the show---I will tell every home-owner that it is neccesary for the host to stay with them for a while---just so we can be comfortable with eachother on tv----anyway, these 2 are friends for life---they really helped me while I was in a tough spot.
We went out the other night for halloween ( I made them dress up) and last night we all made brownies then watched t.v. on the couch. I asked them to make sure they had eggs and orange juice in the house, I like a full breakfast everymorning. Hmmm....I might be getting a little TOOOOO comfortable......

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memo to: Reenstra
From: Anonymous

Miles Davis used to hire musicians
for his bands without actually
auditioning them live--he would just
look at them, and know what he wanted
to do. And he used to say, "You can
always tell how someone plays by the way they stand."

As such, it is fairly clear from
the photos in your two
new posts that you are now with some
of the kinder souls on
earth. The couple you are going
to live with seems especially
real and warm--you can see it in
their eyes.

Nice work, Little-Miss-Cat- who-always-lands-on-her-feet.

Or, more correctly: God is good.

So is the halo--a nice piece of
wishful thinking...

Love, and prayin' for ya,

A.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEMO #2

To: Reenstra
From: Anonymous
Re: Additional Observations Triggered by your October 30 post

Sorry if yesterday's comment was sent numerous times--the blogger.com
system seems pretty erratic, as far
as confirming to the sender whether
a post has actually been sent...I
feel strongly that what's required
is a little bird (a wren, or a
budgie) that can fly out of
the screen and give (from its beak) the sender a
handwritten confirmation on engraved
stationery, so that the sender
can be sure...

Until that happens, though, please
enjoy all fourteen copies of what
follows.

Very few hosts on the HGTV shows
jump off the screen, in terms of
impact on a viewer (like me, someone who
is always thinking about Marshall
McLuhan, and is fascinated by those few people who
can break through the "cool" medium
of TV).

But you--you will, because that's
exactly what you did on "the previous
show" (the name of which I am not
going to mention, because the
cancellation of it is still a
national scandal).

How you, RR, break through the
"cool" in the way you do--it's
God-given, of course, but also a
great mystery to those of us who
think about such things. It has
to have something to do with what
is inside of you.

Whatever it is, though, it is so
powerful that it even pops out of
these tiny web photos of you.

It's humanity at its best.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, and,

Prayin' for ya,

A.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel, or should I say "Dupree" -

I'm thinking that you have happened upon some angels for them to have put up with you for this long.

Is there another room available?

Anonymous

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, or should I say "Dupree" -

Sounds like you found a couple of angels to take you in.

Do they have another room available?

Anonymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home