It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Zebras gone wild.....


Well, today I got to go on a "safari" and witness many many animals in the wild: Kudu, Antelope, ostrich, Water Buffalo, and Zebra-to name a few.

My task was to simply look at all of them, and learn about the group dynamics in Zebra-world.
Seemed like a simple task, I would take a jeep with Louis (animal expert) and help feed the wild Zebra.

Zebra are very loyal to their herd. They will keep up with the slowest guy in the herd no matter what to protect him (or her). And if there is any threat, look out! Don't let the stripes fool ya.

Oh and by the way, do you think Zebras are white with black stripes or black with white stripes? You'll have to wait for the show to find that one out.

Also, the unplanned drama of the show: right before we went out of the jeep to feed the zebra--the Zebras were giving us signs, but sometimes humans can be really stupid....

Once again, I can't tell you what happened, but it was something I have NEVER witnessed, and I was not sure we would have come out alive. If not for the courage and strength of Louis, I would not be here to write this. You have to watch the episode (episode 2 ) to even believe what happened. All I have to say is that humans need to respect animals at all times. They have instincts that will overpower anything else. Pretty eye opening for everyone.

I think the Zebras are black with white stripes. But as I admit to on the show, I am no EXPERT.

But I am MS. ADVENTURE. And I believe this was one of the biggest adventures yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home