It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Time to pack my trunk and leave!


Well it seems as if it has been forever since I had the chance to blog. So much has happened!

I am now hosting a show on animal planet called "Ms. Adventure!" That's me. Kinda like Crocodile Hunter meets Lucille Ball :) The whole premise of the show is exploring relationships in the human world by taking a look at the animal world!!! I will be going to South Africa, Costa Rica...all over the world to explore cool things about animal behavior, and who knows, maybe learn a thing or two.

As you can see I am pointing at an elephant. Trust me it does get more adventurous than that.

Here I learned that elephants are a matriarchal society, and that they stick together no matter what. Grrrrl power. And when the boys get to be teenagers they get kicked out by the females. As in "C'mon buddy, go get a job and a wife now, we've done all we can here." I'll also be looking at penguins, bees and soon the swamps of the everglades!

So get ready for this fall people. The show premiers Oct. 28. I've spent my entire life preparing for this job....job? This isnt a job, it is an ADVENTURE. And believe me, I'll be putting the MIS-ADVENTURE into every episode :)

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Ron Rienstra said...

Keep us up-to-date on your travels, OK? You're the most interesting creature we know. :)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Celestino. said...

It must be nice to travel the world and cover stories about animals.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened by to your blog by accident and thought it was interesting.
Where was this picture with the elephants taken? They seem to be Asian elephants, no?
I also love the rain, especially the summer rain. Having lived in Asia, I have spent numerous
days getting drenched in the monsoon rains or experiencing the heavy rain and winds
when a typhoon strikes. It is even more wonderful to be near the ocean during this time
and watch the waves rise and fall as if nature is angry at us humans.
I hardly ever watch television and hence have very little clue as to the shows you are
referring to. Good luck with everything you do!

Someone in Virginia.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rachel

What an incredible "job" you have - can't wait to see it!! But, will you still go camping with us now and then in boring ol' Sequoia? Anyway, good luck on all the adventures and remember to wash your fingers before you stick them in your mouth!

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home