It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Drink dance and learn better italian





I can hardly keep up with all we are doing on this amazing tour.....
Last night we took a dinner cruise that went around venice and we had a 4 course meal to candle light as we looked at the city lights shining on the water----yes, very romantic----but not so much with a boat full of 60+ and yet, we danced, ate, drank, and laughed all the way to venice. I was hoping one of them would not burst an artery or have a heart attack. We walked around St. Marcs square and admired the music and people at night---took an amazing gondola ride---then we took the boat back, danced on the boat some more---and then me and a younger man, Bill ( and by younger man I mean 57) went to a local bar. This was a riot---of course I wanted to speak with the hot italian men, but when one good looking italian called me over to his table I must have sounded like a retard. All I could say in italian was " I like cappuccino." " (Vorrei capuccino_and "I like travel." (vorrei viajarle) And they just looked at me like--Uh yeah, ...so what. Imagine some random person walking up to you in a bar telling you they like coffee and travel.
A real conversationalist I was. I thought my italian was better, but after a few glasses of wine and dancing on a rocking boat all night, thats all I could remember. Anyway, it is as if Venice is enticing you to be in love----the music, gondola rides, wine.......but for some reason I feel happier alone then I ever have----not even envying the couple next to me making out. Although I can't help the part in my head that is saying to them
" Oh sure, its great now in the city of LOVE but just give it a few more months and brace yourself before the tsunami of heart break hits"
Oh well, if the coffee in Italy can be strong and bitter, so can I. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel--
Not to be redundant, but it's good
to see the joker's hat is still
firmly in play. In the photo of you in the gondola, it looks like a chicken is sitting on your head. This, combined with your patented
chipper expression, is as good as it gets.

The shadow/light in the same picture
is Venice to the bone--loved seeing/
feeling it.

Assisi, all kidding aside, had the
right idea. Nice to hear the story
again--it can never be told enough--you told it well.

Prayin' for ya'--

Anonymous

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Hi, I found your blog randomly looking for posts on Italy...too bad I didn't know you were coming earlier, we could have tried to meet for a coffee in Milan. Hope you're enjoying your trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home