It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Thursday, June 29, 2006

AB-SAILING?



I have never even heard of this before now........it involves being harnessed up by a rope and then trusting God and the people holding the other end to help you descend down the tallest, steepest mountain in Cape Town.....and at one point the mountain disappears and you are left dangling in thin air swinging looking at the ocean, town and rocks thousands of feet below........

The hardest part is leaning backward (behind you are the miles and miles of the drop below) and holding your arms up in the air...........getting ready for the descent.
As quiet and beautiful as the few is.......and the perfect sunny day we had, I would have preferred the view from the restaurant at the top, sipping a soy latte. But swinging from the mountain after the drop (the drop they didn't tell you about) I felt as if I was flying and reminded myself if I could just let go and enjoy it, trust, it would be the best thing ever.
instead I screamed "okay..... I'm ready to be done now......are we done??"
And as I landed, I needed two people to peel off my hand from the ropes.
The 40 mile hike up the mountain was the reward....but I have to say....I'd do it again in a heart beat.
(As soon as they get an escalator installed that runs to the top, and a safety net on the way down........)

now I am on the plane on the way home......

more adventures to come.......I just need a few days with Howie, my Big screen t.v. and my warm cozy bed.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You are one crazy chick!!!

- Rob (your favorite engineer)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home