It's not easy being REEN

Life in Hollywierd

Thursday, July 09, 2009

L.A. host/actress leaves Hollywood for GOODE




Well, it is July 2009, and I have my eyes set on a job that would take me out of L.A. and move me to Sonoma California.
This would involve being the "wine country lifestyle correspondent" of Murphy Goode winery. They said that the want someone who is a "social media whiz" and also can breathe life into the online wine community---and bring more people to the Murphy Goode life. I don't consider myself a social media whiz, but I do put up some friggin funny videos, I have a following from being a tv personality, and I love to make sure everyone is laughing and having a great time. I am wondering if that is enough.
There are some great contestants that I am up against with more "computer savey marketing skills", but the truth is, I can only bring what I have. So far, I made it to the top I made the top 10 out of about 2000 applicants, so I must be doing something right. And I do have a passion for wine and God knows I already have some comedy material for this venture.....
We all go to Sonoma on July 18-21 for the "final interviews"
This is a reality show in the making. They should put us all in a house and run the cameras. Alcohol is already part of the gig, so the producers wouldn't have to worry about pushing that on us to make good t.v.
10 totally different individuals going after the same job???....well that's basically what I have to do every day here in Hollywood--only difference is in this 3 day audition, I get to spend a weekend with some pretty amazing people, drinking wine, and have a blast. Whether I get the gig or not, it's been a GOODE ride.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger jason z said...

good luck rachel. expect a visit when you get it.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Sixxer's Super Site said...

Totally cheering for you Rach. I am fighting with both fists to go see Rick this weekend. Wish me luck. Are you going? Miss & Love U pretty girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home